By Eckart Tolle
“ACCEPT the Present Moment, whatever and however. That is SURRENDER.”
- Thinking is no more than a tiny aspect of the totality of who you are.
- Your entire personal history is no more than a story, a bundle of thoughts & emotions. Break the story as often as you can, stay in the present moment.
- What you think, creates the emotions you feel. Just become aware of your thoughts and emotions as they happen.
- Defining yourself through thought is limiting yourself. Cease looking to thought for identity.
- The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it. Instead of making up stories, stay with the facts.
- Why do anxiety, stress or negativity arises? Because you turned away from present moment. You thought something else is important, either in the past or future.
- Instead of being lost in thinking, when you awaken you recognize yourself as the awareness behind it. Thinking ceases to be self serving autonomous activity, that takes possession of you and runs your life.
- Once you see and accept the transience of all things and inevitability of change, you can enjoy the pleasures of the world while they last, without the fear of loss or anxiety about the future.
- Reason why lives are out of balance: Because most peoples lives are cluttered up with things…their mind filled up with the clutter of thoughts, one thought after another – create the inner space.
- Discover inner space by creating gaps in the stream of thinking.
- Be aware of your breathing, it takes attention away from thinking and creates space. One or two conscious breath taken many times a day, is an excellent way to bring space in your life.
- Goodness will only emerge if something fundamental changes in your state of consciousness – & not by trying to be good.
- Love is recognition of the formless in the other.
- Always think “What can I give here; How can I be of service to this person, this situation without any expectation in return..”